A difficult to play Contrapunctus from Die Kunst der Fuge by Johann Sebastian Bach. It has taken a long time to approach playing this work because some of the finger assignments for the three voices are impossible for two hands. Transcribing Bach’s works into Sibelius helps me to ponder the work measure by measure, note by note.
A Fugue from Book 1 of the Well Tempered Clavier by Johann Sebastian Bach. This post is the first Sibelius transcription in my project to make trackable scores of both books of Sebastian Bach’s Well Tempered Clavier. I hope to improve my understanding of Bach’s contrapuntal harmony.
Zuzana Ruzickova, a Czech survivor of the Nazi concentration camps who rediscovered beauty in life through the music of J.S. Bach, a canon to which she dedicated her life as one of the world’s premier harpsichordists, died Sept. 27 at a hospital in Prague. She was 90.
I bought a used M3 for my return to film photography around the same time that I refreshed my eyeglasses. My prescription runs about $900 for new frames with all the bells and whistles: progressive high index lenses to handle the high correction for my prescription, anti-glare and scratch protection coatings, and transition sun glasses.
One problem. The M3 viewfinder ring is metal with a serrated outer edge. The first time I put my eye up to the viewfinder and heard my lens contact the viewfinder I realized scratching my glasses was inevitable. I knew just the sound of my lens contacting the viewfinder was going to be a distraction.
The only option I could find was a plastic snap-on Eyeglass Guard for the viewfinder from DAG Camera Parts. ButI still had the distracting sound of my glasses contacting the viewfinder. I wanted something that was quiet (no distraction) and compressed against my glasses when I buried my eye in the viewfinder.
Here’s my temporary solution using a 1-1/2″ x 1/16″ roll of self-adhesive neoprene and a couple of circle punches from EK Tools (1/2″ and 3/4″). This is only a temporary solution since it is easy to dislodge the neoprene/adhesive.
I have since found a better solution in a future post.